The Peebles Sprint: fast and furious street racing for a summer evening in Peebles, and it’s happening tomorrow evening (Tuesday 29th May).
It’s really three events in one – first the families (and anyone with a bike who wants to join in riding round the course for a ‘victory’ lap), then a full-on women’s race, before the headline men’s racing kicks off.
The circuit is short and spectacular, with high speeds and tricky corners for the top riders, and big crowds and a party atmosphere to shout them on. It’s run as a Belgian-style Kermesse event, with lots of the community involved.
Peebles High Street 6.15pm.
For children and their parents.
Free entry – just turn up with your bike.
Peebles Sprint – Women’s Race
Peebles High Street, 7pm. A fantastic new town centre race for women (over 16s). Prizes: 1st – £50; 2nd – £30; 3rd – £20.
Peebles Sprint – Men’s Race
Peebles High Street, 7.45pm.
Entry by Invitation only. If you’re keen to enter please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changing rooms are available at the Gytes Leisure centre until 5.30pm.
- 5.30 – 6.30pm: Women riders sign on at Tontine Hotel
- 5.30 – 7.15pm: Male riders sign on at Tontine
- 6.10pm: Family riders called to start & riding marshals in position
- 6.15pm: MC announces start of family ride
- 6.35pm: Women’s brief at Tontine
- 6.35 – 6.40pm: All family riders to have completed 20 minutes and then onto the grass at Tweed Green
- 6.45 – 6.55pm: Women’s warm up
- 7.00pm: Women’s race begins (40 riders max)
- 7.25pm: Final 3 laps of women’s race
- 7.30pm: Race finish
- 7.45pm: Men’s race begins (40 riders max)
- 8.30pm: Final 5 laps of men’s race
- 8.40pm: Race finish
- 8.50pm: Podiums
Sponsored by Rennersport. Women’s race sponsored by Innerleithen MTB Racing. Family ride supported by SEStran.
Special thanks to everyone who’s helping with the Peebles Sprint: Scottish Borders Council, Lothian and Borders Police, all the local businesses and members of the community.